As Software Developer, you will participate in the development of software tools and in the deployment and management of data processing pipelines with the aim of extracting information from geo-spacial data. You will join a highly innovative SME, collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of problems in different climate-sensitive sectors.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software products in operations.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- MSc degree in ICT disciplines (e.g., computer science, computer engineering).
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: python, R.
- Experience with geospatial data and related frameworks in python and/or R.
- Basic knowledge of object oriented development patterns.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including writing reports.
- Working proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Python libraries: Pandas, Xarray, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, graphic libraries.
- R scientific libraries: dplyr, lubridate, tidyr, graphic libraries
- Containers: Docker, Docker compose, Kubernetes.
- Python and R environment management: Anaconda.
- Python development web-apps: Flask, Django.
- Software project management: GitHub.
- Database: DBRMS (MySQL) and no relational DB (Redis, MongoDB).
- Specific knowledge: Machine Learning.
- Project management methods: Scrum/Agile.
If you are a team-player with a strong ability in problem solving and time management, if you love new challenges and are driven by your curiosity and willingness to understand how things work in practice, if you are sensitive to the climate crisis and want to help increase the resilience of our society, well, you should definitely contact us!
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.
Office location: Rome, Italy.
Employment Type: Full-time.
Seniority level: junior
A valid permit to work in Italy and the EU is needed for foreign workers from non-EU / EEA countries.
Amigo is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and people who identify as LGBT+ are warmly encouraged.