We look for people driven by curiosity and open to new challenges to reinvent the climate-sensitive sector. This page lists the current job openings. If you don't see a job position for you, feel free to contact us and send your spontaneous application through our contact form here. We will be happy to consider your CV and a motivation letter.
As Data Scientist, you will build mathematical and statistical models, design and implement algorithms with the aim of gaining insights and extracting information from complex, geo-spatial data. You will join a highly innovative SME, collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of problems in different climate-sensitive sectors.
- Designing and developing new and improved algorithms with a user-centred approach.
- Structuring relevant questions and goals given a set of business objectives.
- Researching, developing and exploiting statistical and numerical methods.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Participating in short business trips (domestically and internationally).
- MSc degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, physics, engineering). Holding a PhD is a plus.
- 2+ years professional experience working as Data Scientist or in similar positions.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: python.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including writing reports and presentations at conferences.
- Professional Working proficiency in spoken and written English (C1).
- Specific expertise: climate science, earth observations, machine learning.
- Software project management: GitHub.
- Python libraries: Pandas, Scikit-Learn, matplotlib, Xarray.
- Python installation tooling: conda, pip.
- Project management methods: Scrum/Agile.
If you are a team-player with a strong ability in problem solving and time management, if you love new challenges and are driven by your curiosity and willingness to understand how things work in practice, if you are sensitive to the climate crisis and want to help increase the resilience of our society, well, you should definitely contact us!
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and cover letter.
Office location: Rome (Italy) with possibility of hybrid solutions.
Employment Type: Full-time.
Seniority level: junior
A valid permit to work in Italy and the EU is needed for foreign workers from non-EU / EEA countries. Amigo is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and people who identify as LGBT+ are warmly encouraged.